Welcome to Crescent Moon Wiki
- Alternate Name: Mikan no Tsuki
- This is a manga, japanese style graphic novel
- The author and artist of this manga series is Haruko Iida
- The series is currently complete with a total of 6 volumes.
- The manga was published in the year 2000.
- Original Publisher: Kadokawa Shoten
- English Publisher: Tokyopop
- Serialized in "Asuka" magazine
- Genre: fantasy, supernatural, romance, shojo, comedy, vampires, werewolves, moon
Overview Of The SeriesEdit
Crescent Moon (未完の月 Mikan no Tsuki?) is the English title of the shōjo manga Mikan no Tsuki (literally An Incomplete Moon)), written by Haruko Iida in partnership with Red Company. It was originally published by Kadokawa Shoten beginning in 2000 and serialized in Asuka Comics, and it was translated into English by Tokyopop. It is collected in six volumes.
The plot deals with Mahiru Shiraishi, a young woman with the ability to grant others good fortune by touching them. She herself does not benefit from this good fortune, and occasionally laments that this is because she has given all of her luck away to others.
Mahiru begins to have recurring dreams of a demon, and these dreams soon lead to her becoming entangled with the "Lunar Race" — a collection of creatures of folklore such as vampires, werewolves, kitsune, and tengu. These creatures' powers are related to the phase of the moon, strongest when the moon is full and weakest when it is new.
Mahiru learns that she is the "Descendant of the Princess" and that the members of the Lunar Race she has encountered, known as the Moonlight Bandits, need her help to recover the "Teardrops of the Moon," the source of their power. In the process, she attempts to heal the rift that has developed between humans and the Lunar Race, and bring the two closer together.